Birth Story of my Daughter.

So it's been a long time since I have last posted. First and foremost in November of 2016 I had another baby a little girl who we named Zoeylyn. I can't believe I never shared anything about my pregnancy with her before. Zoey is a Rainbow baby just like her brother. 2 months prior to getting pregnant with her I had a miscarriage.
So I'm thinking a good way of getting back into blogging would be sharing Zoey's birth story. Zoey just like her brother kept us waiting. My ob scheduled to have an induction at 41 weeks which I was hoping I wouldn't have to do.



So here is goes. So the night before my scheduled induction I thought it would be a good idea to wrap Christmas presents so I wouldn't have to worry about doing them with a toddler and a newborn. I was uncomfortable, but I figured it was due to being right around 41weeks and sitting on the floor. After wrapping Christmas presents I tried to go to bed around 1am or so.

At around 3:30am I was getting to the point where it was starting to hurt so I went down stairs and filled the tub with lukewarm water in hopes that I would relax and start to feel better. I still wasn't convinced I was in labor yet. So I didn't wake my husband and figured I'd let him sleep until I thought it was time.

At 4:40am or so my husband woke up and at this point the contractions were starting to get closer and closer together. I still didn't want to leave for the hospital because I didn't want to wake my 2 year old who was sleeping. I kept thinking my water hasn't broke yet either and that the hospital was going to call either way around 6:30am to tell me to go in for my induction.

Well by 5:10am my husband really was set on us leaving for the hospital so he called my mom to tell her I was in labor. I remember her asking if we were going to drop my son off at her house or if we wanted her to pick my son up from the hospital. My husband wouldn't answer her so I remember saying just meet us there.

We had to wake my son up and get everything in the car and head to the hospital which was 25ish minutes away. The contractions go so much more intense in the car and by the time we got to the hospital I just wanted to get up to labor and delivery. I remember my mom looking at me and saying good luck as she brought my son to her car.

I waddled my way up to labor and delivery sometimes feeling like I needed to grip the walls. At 5:55am we arrived and they started checking us in. I was trying to answer their questions for paperwork and breath through my contractions which I learned wasn't easy when someone continually broke your focus.

As one nurse is checking me in the other nurse is asked if I really was in labor. To which the nurse responded yes she is in labor her contractions seem to be every minute or so. They checked me and I was at 3cm. So then they started to try to place an IV and kept telling me to keep my hand still. They missed the first time, but got it in the second time.

The nurses both left the room and I could hear them on the phone with my OB just telling her what was going on. While on the phone I had one mighty contraction and my water broke. The moment my water broke I swore I could feel my daughter's head. My husband looks and says I see a head. He yells to the nurse I can see a head. To which she says ya I will check on her. So she hangs up the phone with my OB. She comes in and says I see a head. She panics runs out calls the OB. The OB tells her to be prepared to catch a baby.

The two nurses looked so nervous, but at this moment I couldn't stop what was going on she was ready to come and my body was ready. I layed on my side and started to push it just felt more comfortable. At some point I rolled back onto my back and I felt her head as I continued to push. The nurses stood there telling me I was doing a good job. My husband seemed stressed about the OB not being there. About 5 minutes from my water breaking and pushing my daughter came into the world.

My husband stood there shocked. He was so surprised the camera didn't make it out so I had him give me that camera and I took pictures while I waited to deliver the placenta. My foot made it into a few pictures, but so happy I got them. I felt so empowered. I love the experience of being able push without an OB telling me what to do. I always wanted to have a natural girl with a midwife. I felt like my experience gave me what I wanted.

45 minutes from getting to labor and delivery my beautiful baby girl was born. Zoeylyn weighed 8lbs 13oz and was 21.5 inches long. Her birth was so wonderful and I'm so thankful I got to experience it the way I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Birth Story of my Daughter.

So it's been a long time since I have last posted. First and foremost in November of 2016 I had another baby a little girl who we named ...