Today/ Chemical pregnancies

I'm pretty upbeat today which is great. I'm finally out of the gloom of the negative pregnancy test result. It always seems to last a few days. Not all the time is it a negative pregnancy test it could just be mother nature visiting with her monthly gift.

Okay I want to take time and talk a bit about something not everyone knows about the dreaded chemical pregnancy. Oh boy do you get excited to see a positive test result and think yes this is it! :) No sadly it's not the next day you get it will be negative. I've had my share of these. It's heartbreaking. I don't know how many times I was thrilled...Though I always knew something deep down something wasn't right.

I've talked to my doctors about this and I've had all types of tests to see why this has happened a handful of times. Everything always comes back fine. So what I've learned is I won't be taking any more of those early pregnancy tests. Why you might ask because it's heartbreaking.

I hope to one day get a positive test result and it stay positive. Has anyone else had chemical pregnancies.. If so what have you done to prevent them? Or what have you done to cope?

Here is a link about what chemical pregnancies are. I have also posted the info from the site below...

Hope everyone has an amazing day! Sending baby dust your way.



 http://www.pregnancy.org/article/chemical-pregnancy

Chemical Pregnancy

A miscarriage that happens within a week or so of the due menstrual period is called a chemical pregnancy. As many as 8 out of 10 women have either experienced one or will experience one in their lifetime. These early miscarriages are overlooked as a heavy menstrual bleeding and or a period that lasts a little longer than usual. Chemical pregnancies are fairly common and many times a woman will discover that she has indeed experienced an early miscarriage.
Most women discover they are having an early miscarriage if they are charting their fertility signs and are actively trying to become pregnant. Many women can attain a positive home pregnancy test as early as 10 days post ovulation and some tests can even detect pregnancy earlier. Because of the sensitivity of some home pregnancy tests, a woman who knows exactly when she ovulates can test even before the menstrual period is due.
There are numerous different reasons why chemical pregnancies occur:
  • Low progesterone
  • Insufficient uterine lining
  • Genetic problems
  • Immune issues
  • Possible obstructions in the uterus, such as fibroid tumors (depending on their location)
Many tests can be run to determine why chemical pregnancies occur, though sometimes a reason will be found.
Some steps can be taken to help prevent future chemical pregnancies once it has been established that a woman has suffered an early miscarriage. After two or more miscarriages most doctors will begin testing to find the reason for the miscarriages. Some doctors will begin these tests sooner.
Possible treatments include heparin, aspirin, immune testing, genetic counseling, progesterone and other drugs such as Clomid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birth Story of my Daughter.

So it's been a long time since I have last posted. First and foremost in November of 2016 I had another baby a little girl who we named ...