Approaching year five

Tonight is one of those nights when all I want to do is cry. Yup the dredged finding out someone is pregnant. As I've said before sometimes I generally happy for someone when other times it upsets me. This is the upsetting time...

Now I know what some of you are thinking oh don't let it bug you. Leave it to go and so on.. I know the judgement is coming. That's fine but if you are struggling with infertility you know exactly how I am feeling. I'm not looking for advice I'm just venting.

I think what is bugging me is we are coming up to being married 5 years next month which means we officially hit our 5 years of trying. So I guess now I'm thinking wow who would have thought when I got married five years ago that I would be here today childless.

I never pictured this for us. Though I suppose anyone dealing with infertility never pictured an outcome like this. So I guess as I'm approaching year five I'm excited about my anniversary but disappointing that I still have empty arms.

You know how they say time heals all wounds. Well in this case it doesn't. In fact I feel like the wounds just get worse. Maybe it's my own doing I don't know. Oh how I pray every day that this is our year. You will never know how bad it hurts unless you go through it....


4 comments:

  1. My and my husband are coming up on six years of marriage and five years of trying for babies. I know exactly how you feel. I love your blog and I love what you have to say. You always somehow say what I am thinking. And no, it does not get easier. And unless you have been through this, you will not get it. God Bless You...

    BTW Did you know that National Infertility Awareness Week is April 21-27?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much.. I wish you the best of luck that this is your year. I did know that National Infertility Awareness week is april 21-27.. I think my last blog I posted about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished reading over your blog for the first time. Crying...

    I am the author of Every Drunken Cheerleader Why Not Me which is a nonfiction book all about my battle with fertility. I wrote the book so that women like me wouldn't feel lonely and crazy the way I did. I wanted to create a since of community and I feel that your blog communicates the same message.

    I was wondering if you might be willing to read the book and review it on your blog.

    Thanks for considering!

    My best,
    Kristine Waits
    www.EveryDrunkenCheerleader.com
    www.KristineWaits.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book sounds wonderful! I'd love to read it and give it a review. I'll have to look into how much it cost first but it sounds like something I would love to read! <3 I've read a few books on infertility and it would nice to get a perspective on someone else's journey.

    ReplyDelete

Birth Story of my Daughter.

So it's been a long time since I have last posted. First and foremost in November of 2016 I had another baby a little girl who we named ...